From:
Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 17:39:06 -0400
Hi Jasna,

The authors of the Manual of Living Condidae  believe there are differences
in these shells.  They call the ones from Natal to the Red Sea Conus
milneedwardsi milneedwardsi and the shells from Pakistan to India and Sri
Lanka Conus milneedwardsi clytospira.  The full text on pages 314 and 315
and figures should be consulted if you have the book.

If you don't have access to the book, the African form is brown and white
while the Indian form has "pink" bands in the background.  The Indian form
is also supposed to be, on  average, smaller than the African form.  I am
not sure of this as the biggest specimens I have seen on lists and in
collections are from India.

Hope this helps.

Bill Fenzan
Norfolk, Virginia, USA