From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 1999 12:36:12 PDT
Hallo Conchlers,

This answer from Mr. Cadee should not be right. So in the museums
collection are only fossils, not only of shells, but also from birds,
mammals or insects. We are proud to have one of the largest
butterfly-fossils collection of the world. And we are all collectors
of fossils, our dear Fosslers and not Conchlers.
Yesterday I brought home some recent landshells,
a few of them are fossils today. I am much quickier than all the
eras and periods, I've this done in one day.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut from Innsbruck

Helmut from Innsbruck.

Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0443 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
url: www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
malacological collection
Feldstr. 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86-37

A fossil is a remain of an individual organism that is no longer living,
that is in my opinion the only usefull defenition of a fossil. This means
that as soon as the animal has died the remais are fossil. So there are
fossils that are only a few days old. A shell collection is a collection of
fossils!!
M.C. Cadee, The Netherlands