From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:20:35 +0900
At 13:51 99/11/22 -0000, you wrote:
> Good call Paul, read PC, world (December 99) great article concerning the
> bubble boy email virus .
> It turned out to be more myth then reality ,
> My question to you is this , is there a way to put a firewall of sorts so-as
> to keep a virus from dialing out from the address book in a mass mailing of
> the virus that infected the system. just wondering .

Most virus writers seem to have something against Microsoft, so people who
use Outlook Express need to be more vigilant than those with other mail
readers, but the Bubble Boy was apparently a whole nother ball game, as
they say in the states. You can be sure these lads will be back with
nastier versions. In the meantime : if you don't know who it's from, don't
touch it. Put it in your bin, then go to the bin and exterminate it.