From:
Kev Lamprell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 06:33:00 +1000
I disagree with Simon, if the collection is housed correctly little or no
deterioration in colour occurs, I have recently handled specimens collected
in the 1700's which are as colourful as recently collected specimens. Bear
in mind also when buying an old collection that many species collected in
earlier times are now either banned, extremely rare or very expensive from
dealers. Base your offer on what the collection is worth to you, imagine the
cost if you had to collect the specimens yourself and I am sure this will
make you realise the value in buying an existing collection rather than self
collecting or purchasing from a dealer.

Kev