From:
Bob Dayle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:45:36 +1000
Thanks to all for the comments and assistance. The examples of scanned shells by
George and Peter are quite convincing; the eBay image was NOT scanned.

IF those are views of the same shell, then it must be as suggested that a wide
angle lens (w/ close-up lenses?) was placed very close, giving the dorsum a
surrealistic, globular shape. Foreshortening would, indeed, have hidden almost
all of the extremities, while likewise exaggerating the extremities in the
basal image.

Like Bob Brenner, my efforts are directed toward representing the shell as
accurately as possible, so I am at the very least bemused by images which
misrepresent. (BTW, I was not, and am not, intending to by any shells, I was
simply 'surfing' eBay.)

Again, thanks for the help.

Bob Dayle