From:
Wayne Harland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 11:51:22 -0400
Marlo,

I found numerous V. muricatum off Pompano Beach, Deerfield Beach, and Boca
Raton in the 1980's and early 90's.  Oddly, after Hurricane Andrew in 1992,
I don't remember seeing them in any numbers.  By that time, I really wasn't
looking for them either.  As I remember, I only found them in the spring and
early summer.  They ranged in depth from 15 to 60' -- usually in coarse sand
at the edge or in sand pockets on the reef.

Wayne