From:
Paul Kanner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jun 2009 17:48:04 -0700
Dear Guido

Thanks for you comments on Lambis lambis with lirae in the aperture.  It is
difficult at best to determine what might be considered a separate species
as to shell morphology only. That being said, until they appear in
significant numbers like L. adami, I accept that that the lirate ones could
be hybrids. As to L. robusta being from Tahiti, I have 2 specimens with
fairly good data.  On was collected at 15 m from Tautira, Tahiti. Another
from 20 m on the ocean side of reef, Punaauia, Tahiti.

All the best,
Paul