From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:10:42 -0500
Some time ago, I emailed the list about some type material in the
remains of the Aldrich collection here at Alabama.  I've found a
little more material and done some more searching.  However, a large
portion of the meaningful Google hits (as opposed to pages with mere
name lists) were to my email to the list.  Thus, I will try again:

Does anyone know anything about or have references on
Gulella falconi (Streptaxidae) Burnup, 1925, from Port Shepstone,
Natal?  The original refernce seems to be Burnup HC (1925) On some
South African Gulellae, with descriptions of new species and
varieties. Part 1. Annals of the Natal Museum 5: 101-158; pls. 8-9,
but this is not yet online as far as I can tell.

A catalog online cites a syntype in the Manchester Museum.  The
present specimen has a window cut out for examining the columellar
folds.

Anchistoma  triadis M. von Kimakowicz 1884
Fauna Europaea lists it as a synonym of Spelaeodiscus (Aspasita)
triarius (Rossmässler 1839), and the original reference is online
(Kimakowicz, M. von 1884. Beitrag zur Mollusken-Fauna Siebenbürgens
(Fortsetzung). - Verhandlungen und Mittheilungen des Siebenbürgischen
Vereins für Naturwissenschaften in Hermannstadt 34: 57-116.-Google
somewhat unhelpfully has a scan of vols. 32-34 all together).  What I
don't have is any evidence on disposition of type material.

Leptopoma cotabatoensis Bartsch
He used the same species name (based on the locality, Kidapayan,
Cotabato Province, Mindanao) for an Amphidromus from the Albatross
expedition to the Philippines, but I haven't located this species
description nor later synonymy.

Cyclotus niasensis Fulton 1907 Nias Island, Sumatra
Original publication and later treatment not yet found.

Macrochlamys dohertyi Henderons, 1898. Decribed in Nautilus
(XII:13-17).  Further information on types or later taxonomic
treatment would be useful.

Leptopoma fultoni and Lagocheilus marangensis, both described by
Aldrich  in Nautilus (12(1):3).  Any later taxonomic treatments?  Any
other type material known?

There are also a couple of Dall nuculanoids, but his stuff is
well-documented (other syntypes in USNM).

--
Dr. David Campbell
425 Scientific Collections