From:
worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Aug 2009 01:34:34 -0400
David,
I observed similar behavior with a Pleurodonte lucerna in Jamaica
this past May.  The snail turned back on its shell and started to
seemingly chew up and down the lip of the shell from end to
end.  This went on all night.  Turns out it was adding to the shell
instead of chewing on it.  I'm wondering whether Eli was, in fact,
building up instead of destructing his shell?
Rich
www.worldwideconchology.com