From:
Enzo Campani <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2010 19:37:19 +0100
Hi all,
while reading on the new Mediterranean shell site reported some days
ago, I remembered that it has recently been published an interesting
book on the Mediterranean mollusc fauna which has a quite different
approach to the matter as compared to the others on the same
subjects. It presents about 200 species arranged in photographic
tables each showing a "growth series" for every species, from 0,5-1
mm up to the adult size, all completed by a a text note, both in
Italian and English. This book is intended to be the first of a
series to cover as many species as the authors will be able to
examine so deeply to understand their complete growing. They
recognize that it will be impossible to cover all the Mediterranean
species, but I think that this work will be quite useful for
identification purposes. I tried it and it has immediately become
impossible to work without, so I'm just waiting for the second
volume, issued for the next Summer.
If someone is interested or at most curious, the book is sold by
flli. Cossignani at :
http://www.malacologia.it/libriprova3.htm
under the title "Accrescimenti", M Scaperrotta, S. Bartolini and C.
Bogi authors.
Enzo Campani

Enzo Campani
C.so G. Mazzini 299