From:
Dennis Sargent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Jan 2011 14:18:48 -0500
Hello Winston,

During the past few years I have reviewed much of the literature concerning
the family Strombidae.
I have not seen any reference to the taxa "waianae" applied to any member of
the Strombidae.
I suspect it is a made-up name to enhance its value or it has been recently
described in some obscure publication.
Was there any author attached to it?

As for Canarium helli, generally there is an " i" added at the end of the
name of the person being honored or recognized.
If I was going to name something after Luigi Bozzetti, the name would be
bozzettii, however; if the name doesn't end in " i", like Barney, the name
would be barneyi.
Someone may have corrected it in a publication somewhere along the way.
This does happen.

Best wishes,

Dennis Sargent