From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:10:58 -0400
I believe that the person selecting the title misunderstood a key
word.  Specifically, "cats’ meat" refers to scraps of commonly
consumed large mammals suitable for feeding to cats because they are
deemed less appealing to humans, rather than pieces of cats.  Wasn't a
cat's meat man a friend of Dr. Doolittle?

Still, it does fit in with the basic principle that anythign with
enough garlic butter sauce will taste like garlic butter sauce.

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 12:53 PM, Richard Petit <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> All lovers of escargot should read an article in the July 1911 issue of
> Scientific American, reprinted in the July 2011 issue. It is the article
> titled "Soylent Tabby" on this page:
> http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=50-100-150-jul-11
>
> For those unfamiliar with meat processing, "lights" are lungs and, as the
> song goes (sort of), "a cat is just a cat."
>
> Enjoy.
>
> dick p.

> click leave the list.

Dr. David Campbell
The Paleontological Research Institution
1259 Trumansburg Road
Ithaca NY 14850