From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jan 2012 19:08:43 -0500
Dear Charlie,

It appears that (1) you've done your homework, (2) either there's a
significant pre-Pliocene fauna in the stratigraphic assemblage or an
underestimate of the survival species-level taxa to the present, and (3)
you've had a promotion in the last two months.

Congratulations!
Harry

On 1/9/2012 5:54 PM, Charles Sturm wrote:
> Harry,
>
> Now, that I have visited the Carnegie Museum,I can answer this question.
> In Weisbord's works in the Bulletins of American Paleontology he has lists
> of gastropods and bivalves. He gives the geological range for the taxa
> listed. I added up the ones listed as having 'Recent' in their ranges.
>

>> Dear Charlie,
>>
>> How did you find out that "95 of the 288 forms are Recent?"
>>
>> Harry
>>

>> On 12/27/2011 7:02 AM, Charles Sturm wrote:
>>
>>> Sorry, read to fast, don't have reference to the Gibson-Smith work.

>> [log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on molluscs
>> To leave this list, click on the following web link:
>> http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1
>> Type your email address and name in the appropriate box and
>> click leave the list.
>>

> Regards,
> Charlie
> Charlie Sturm
>
> Past-President
> American Malacological Society 2010-2011
>
> Research Associate - Section of Mollusks
> Carnegie Museum of Natural History
> Pittsburgh, PA, USA
>
> Associate Professor - Family Medicine
> Fellow-American Academy of Family Practice
> Fellow-Academy of Wilderness Medicine

> click leave the list.

Harry G. Lee MD
4132 Ortega Forest Drive