From:
Olivier Caro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2013 17:36:10 +0200
Dear fellows

A Canadian friend will go south from Montréal to Tampa Bay, FL, in a
pair of weeks (apparently, he'd like to get some true sun at least one
time in the year), and of course I asked for shells, shells, shells!

He says he's OK to fish but some questions are rising:

1- Regarding the local rules, is a license necessary to collect on
intertidal grounds? Where to get it, how much does it cost? How long to
receive the license? Papers to provide? Does a foreign guy have the
right to get one?

2- Sizes and weight limits per person and per day? Any URL where to find
this?

3- Good spots in Tampa area? I suppose my friend swims like an anvil, so
let's forget the idea of snorkeling, scuba etc. :)

Stuff expected: some Tulip shells, especially hunteria, some Melongena
corona, and all the bivalvia possible. What do the Tulip used to feed on?

Thanks for any help!

Cheers

Olivier Caro, France