From:
Dale Snyder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2013 17:07:48 -0400
David, my training and experience are similar to David Carroll's, except I've been collecting since the late 90's in the Sea of Cortez (Gulf of California), mainly in the vicinity of Guaymas, and Rocky Point, Sonora, Mexico on annual trips, generally late spring or early summer. I'm an enthusiastic amateur, learning as I go, and thankful for all the helpful information I've gained from the list. If anyone wants specimens of what I may have (most are in at least fair to good condition, with an occasional excellent shell), I would be happy to share. Also, we have a few freshwater Corbicula clams gathered from the canal behind my home in Arizona, and a couple of freshwater snail species collected from the same place. We also have two land snails here, Rumina decollate, and Helix aspera, in case anyone wants one or two just to add the range to their own collection.

I do not collect live, nor do I preserve the soft parts.

---- ehecatlsighs <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Michael, I am neither a professional or well-informed amateur but a newly senior citizen with a late-blooming interest in malacology. Although I have only a little formal education in biological science, I am an avid learner and would love to be able to be of assistance of any kind to field. Â If you or any of the other members of this list could steer me in some direction in which I might be able to contribute, I would be grateful. Â I live in Pinellas county, Florida. Â Extensive travel is currently beyond my means but I do live in close proximity to the Gulf beaches and Tampa Bay. Â Thank you for taking the time to read this. Â Sincerely, David Carroll

Sent from my Galaxy S®III