From:
steve rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2013 14:37:23 -0500
I have had good success along the causeway to SPI west of SPI, where
there are places to pull over among some of the small housing
communities just before Port Isabel eg Laguna Heights and Laguna
Vista...You can collect along shore or wade out to the exposed areas
at low tide. Some other TX collectors on conch-l have had good success
hand dredging or sifting there and in similar areas (sand with
grass/seaweed). WRS Polymesoda maritima are among the mud by the
mangroves. I have also had good success right where the causeway hits
SPI (there are some tiny parking areas, you can see them on google
maps literally where the causeway first touches the island) along
shore/drift deposits. And larger shells down along the South tip of
the Island on the bayside. I can give you more info if you want to
contact me offline.

When are you going? I am going to be there from Dec 14-19th.

Steve R.