From:
worldwide <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jul 2014 12:04:39 -0400
Hi Les,

I beg to differ on your assessment of this book.  In fact it was well
proofed.  A little known fact is that after Tucker submitted dozens
of corrections to the publisher that were submitted by numerous
knowledgeable people whom Tucker asked to proof-read the text.  The
publisher decided to either inadvertently overlook or just plain-out
ignored many of those changes...it is the only reason incorrect
nomeclature and reversal of a few pictures of about 1% of the book
squeaked through to the final.  But certainly not notoriously
"unproofed".  A corrections list did circulate sometime back.  I am
still in possession of a copy of my proof of the book that Tucker
sent to the publisher, yet more than half of those corrections were
never included.  We do need to give Tucker the benefit of the doubt
since he is no longer with us to defend himself.

Regards,
Rich
www.worldwideconchology.com