From:
Martin Eastburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2014 23:27:07 -0500
As some of you know, I have a 300 L salt water tank in my library now.

We Have a number of small star fish and a number of various snails.
(Found out how they multiply - they split in two. They grow 7 arms
and then split 4 & 3.  Each grow 7 and split... Never get over 1.5 cm.

One a Trochidae, others are unknown but are getting larger.

Yesterday I spotted a Muricidae !   Wow.
The live sand contained all sorts of things.

We cleaned the special filter it has yesterday
and today I was checking on it.
Another tank user - an invertebrate - an Anemone.

We had lost the large one we had the fish consumed
it one night!  All fleshy and most of the fish are switch
hitters - greens and meet.  It was sudden and he was active
walking all around the rocks in the tank.  Likely chemical issue.
Might be a natural death after begetting an offspring.   Anyone know ??

So two free critters.    I can't wait to determine the
name of the Muricidae - it looks like a "Brown".   But it is 1 cm
long.

Hope to get better definition on the 'snails' as they all grow.

Martin