From:
Marshalldg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 15:53:45 EST
Hello to all the new folks out there. Glad to see two of my friends have
joined lately, the Cordys and the Havilands. Hope you both enjoy Conch-L and
hope to make friends with the rest of you all.
 Barb and Ed, you know your subject is close to my heart. Maybe we can sort
out some of the problems in the Pectinidae, between Charlie Sturm, Stanley
Frances, Brett Raines and Kim Hutsell and you and me of course.
  So to start the confusion, where do you all think the species antillarum
Recluz belongs? That ought to keep inquiring minds busy!!! And I don't want to
hear Lyropecten, Bractechlamys or Comptopallium. NOT!!!
  I am off this weekend for the Broward Shell Show. Hope some of you can join
me as we are going to have a RRReally Big Show!!! (To paraphrase Ed Sullivan)
   Bye for now, and welcome to the listserve
          Carole Marshall         (Usually just sign Carole M).
  P.S. to Rich, Nothing I have ever read in the last 30 years has ever
determined the why of color. I would be interested in hearing if anyone has
any theories.