From:
NORA BRYAN <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Mar 1999 17:18:06 -0700
Thanks Paul, I was using the term mytilus fairly loosely, I should have said "a
member of the Mytilidae".  You remember correctly, my examples are white with a
golden periostracum. Are these Modiolus you suggest  world-wide, and are they
cultivated for food like the Mytilus?  I will look up the reference that Harry Lee
suggested also.  We recently purchsed a library card from the University of
Calgary, and while their malacology section is not large, I know thay have several
of the journals.