From:
John Hooker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 May 1999 10:15:39 -0600
Mary Taylor wrote:

> "Cone Wars" by D. Barclay,  has evolved into a literary work as opposed
> to the normal everyday conversations on Conch-L.  Everyone seems to want
> a copy of the saga or has already plublished it.  What are the copyright
> issues involved in the publishing and/or distribution of this material?

Hello Mary,

It is indeed a literary work, and while not "scientific" in the
strictest sense of the word, it still should be called "scientific
writing". We offered to publish it as well.

There are some that believe that if email is archived then it has been
published. I do not think this gives anyone the right to publish it
further, and I think that in this case Don should be recognized as the
owner of this work. He might wish to publish it in the more
traditional medium, and that should be his right. No one should copy
it to a web site without getting Don's permission first. If nothing
else it is common courtesy.

Regards,

John Hooker

--
Visit our Website at http://www.writer2001.com
Coriosolite Expert System...Animation...Poetry...Books