DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Kofikuma DZOTSI <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 08:46:58 +0100
Juan,

When you simulate a different row spacing in CERES-Wheat (e.g. 16 cm vs. 36
cm), you must adapt the plant population (both PPOP and PPOE) accordingly to
have an effect on the yield. The model seems to capture the effect of row
spacing through plant population and the concept sounds sturdy anyway as
these two components are related and influence light interception by the
crop. Because the model does not update automatically PPOP when row spacing
is modified, you will have to enter the figure yourself. Please try this:
recalculate the number of plants per m2 for row spacing 36 cm and run the
simulation- Thanks

Kofikuma

IFDC Africa division
Lome, Togo (West Africa)