DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Gijsman, Arjan J. (CIAT)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Mar 2007 17:07:08 -0500
Dear Octavio,

Already for years DSSAT includes an option for Bahía grass; I don't know much about this, but think it is subtropical. A few years ago some students of mine added a Brachiaria decumbens option. This made use of an extensive set of experiments that exist all over Colombia, as part of an international network for evaluation of tropical grasses (Red International de Evaluación de Pastos Tropicales; RIEPT). It could be that by modifying some of the parameters you can use it for simulate Cynodon plectostachyus, but it needs a careful analysis or you may be cheating too much.

We wrote an article about this for the journal Pasturas Tropicales; it is in Spanish, but that will not repel you. An English version followed for the SAAD-III conference in Lima in 1999. Please let me know if you would like to receive them.

Best wishes,
Arjan Gijsman