DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Amor V.M. Ines" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 18:02:27 +0700
Hi,

do you have a measurement of the saturated and wilting mositure contents in
your experimental area? maybe, you can use them as estimates to DUL and LL,
or at least to compare the estimates of the regression models.  On my own
opinion, it is better to force the data on DUL and LL using the measured
saturated and wilting point (which varies with soil texture of course if you
check the pF curve) than adjusting the BD you measured in the field just to
achieve a nice fit.

Good references on DUL and LL can be found in:

Ritchie, J.T. 1981a. Water dynamics in the soil-plant-atmosphere. Plants and
Soil. 58: 81-96.

Ritchie, J.T. 1981b. Soil water availability. Plants and Soil. 58: 327-338.

Cheers and goodluck,

Amor V.M. Ines