From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 10:36:54 -0400
Yesterday evening beginnin from 6 p. m. up to long after midnight about 1 o'clock in the
morning there was the long night of the museums in the Tyrol and I was active in presenting
the different landshells from the park of the Castle of Ambras, among them all the shells
on the my website. I was able to make three guides trough the park and to show children
and adults some collecting methods with ,my sieve or taking larger specimen.  In an separate
chamber I could show the microshells under the miy private microscope. It was a nice
and enjoyful evening and night, and the visitors very much interested in all the small snails,
which they never believed to exist. There was also baroque music to hear, Bach, eg.
and guides through the art and arming  collection of the castle. Then theater with dolls for
the young up to older persons, and a text about Dracula, as the is a picture of Count Dracul
in the castle. More informations about the wonderful Castle of Ambras you find at my
website: www.netwing.at/nisters/  with the wall covered with ivy, where I can find the
micros. If anybody likes a few micros from this famous place I can send him.
Vallonia costata
Vallonia pulchelle or excentrica
Vertigo pusilla
Vertigo angustior
eg.
It was a great evening with a lot of interested persons and the they all looked into my microscope.
Great
with best shelling greetings
Helmut Ambrasian

Helmut "Helix" Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
web:    www.netwing.at/nisters/
           (please visit it and sign guestbook)
always looking for shellgrit from all over the world
for my nearly 89 years aged mother Irmgard
to makes happy and to keep up her health

office:
Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
Feldstrasse 11 a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86 - 37
web: www.tiroler-landesmuseum.at
        (specimen donations to the
         Tiroler Landesmuseum molluscs collection
         are always appreciated)