From:
Jorge Bartolomeu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 00:11:20 +0100
From. Carlos Afonso
Address: Apartado 662 - Vilamoura
          8125 - Quarteira
          Algarve - Portugal
e-mail:[log in to unmask]

Dear, Jelsum

        I have just shared this information with and Italian friend mine, might as
well share it with you  and the hole crew. Hope this will be useful!!
        Mauritius is a wonderful Island were all your shell dreams will come true.
In 1996 I planed my on month holidays, where I staid in Grand Baie … I
didn't regret it a bit!! I brought back to Portugal loads of shells, nearly
all live collected and now restrictions were made to me at the air port or
else where. I should worn you though that collecting in mangrove areas is
totally forbidden, but you will soon find out for your sell, since the
mangroves of Ile Maurice are all closed to public.
        You will find wonderful shallow lagoons for snorkelling or scuba diving,
where all the rich sea life will please your eyes. Mauritius also know as
the pearl of the Indian Ocean, because of it's shells, will truly capture
your hart as a shell collector and as nature and culture lover.
        I travelled trough the hole island and some surrounding islands like Ile
Aux Cerfs and Ile DŽAmbre and found lovely shells nearly all in shallow
water. Here goes some of the places that I recall as more productive: