From:
Timothy Blackwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 10:17:57 -0700
Hello everyone,

     Recently, Ross posted an article referring to a specimen of Lambis crocata pilsbryi that was
collected in Zanzibar.  I was as intrigued as he was and we have been e-mailing back and forth
since then.  Later, after asking if others have specimens of this form from East Africa, Alan
Seccombe reported having several specimens taken in the Seychelles.  After more e-mailing, Ross
asked if I would be interested in writing an article for The American Malacologist regarding this
interesting case of range extension.  Due to having a lot going on right now, this artlicle won't
be written for a few months.  However, I would like to begin gathering information.  First, I
would like to locate Dr. Abbott's original description of L. c. pilsbryi.  I have tried to locate
this, but have been unsuccessful.  If anyone has this article, please send a copy.  If anyone has
a  complete citation for this article, please send it.  I can then request the article through the
inter-library loan system.  In addition, I am interested in articles providing information on
exact localities where specimens have been collected, including both geographic data and
descriptions of the type of habitat from which specimens have been taken.  Please send any
articles with complete citation information for inclusion in the reference section.  Also, please
send any personal information you have regarding this form.  Include your name and any other
information for proper citation.  Thanks in advance.  Take care and I will look forward to hearing
from you.  Bye for now!
:)

Sincerely,
Tim