From:
Ross Mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2000 19:50:12 +0000
"experts" in various molluscan families and genera (or molluscs from specific
regions) are not that difficult to find, but many are quite busy and do have
much time for enquiries from non-colleagues.  HOWEVER, there are some who are
"ready, willing and able" to answer questions, usually of the identification
sort, from the shell-loving population at large.  I was just trying to think who
i should ask to help ID a puzzling PI Muricid, when the idea of a list of
"willing conchological experts" popped into my little brain - this would be a
Truly Useful resource!!  Does anyone else agree??  Would anyone like to
volunteer themselves as being willing to help folks with various taxa or
regions?  I'd be glad to put up a geocities page to accomodate the list, if
enough responses are recieved.

Still in the Great Wet North,
Ross Mayhew.