From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 09:12:54 -0400
Wolfgang,
Freshwater literature for Palawan is generally lacking.....J. B Burch
published a key of the genera of freshwater snails of the
Philippines....it's at home, but it's not to species level.  There are a
few older papers on the viviparids and planorbids of the PI, not Palawan in
particular.

Brackish water species are known even less.  You will probably have to
refer to the older tomes by Reeve, the Sowerbys, etc.....what kind of
creture do you have?  A nerite?  Potamididae? Some sort of bivalve?

Kurt

At 02:59 PM 5/30/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Dear Conch-L'ers,
>

>Who can help me? I'm looking for literature on Philippine freshwater
>(brakish) water mollusks from Coron, Palawan. Does anyone know a paper
>on this subject?
>
>For further research works I'm looking for (fossil and recent) species of the
>genus:
>
>Sinistralia, Buccinulum and Bathytoma.
>
>Regards
>
>Wolfgang Fischer
>
>Wolfgang Fischer
>Institut fuer Pflanzenbau u. Pflanzenzuechtung
>Universitaet fuer Bodenkultur
>Gregor Mendel Str. 33
>1180 Wien
>AUSTRIA