Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 05:44:28 -0500
Dear Guido:

I am the Chief Technical Officer for a large Printing company and I can
sadly say that the kind of attacks you are experiencing are all too real. I
have three firewalls in place, 1 in front of our main corporate Internet
feed (a Nokia firewall  with Checkpoint software), 1 in front of a special
server in a data center [another Nokia  firewall with Checkpoint Software]
and a third in front of another server. All told I spent over $70,000 USD on
firewalls, configuration and troubleshooting this year and I had to hire a
solid Firewall techie to manage these devices. They are complicated and a
single wrong setting can stop all your traffic!

The good news is that these firewalls work, we are free from Denial of
Service Attacks, hackers and viruses, but what a price to pay to keep
hackers away.

I would heartily suggest that you find an Internet Service Provider who has
very solid technical expertise and let them host your servers behind their
firewall. They will help you get safe.

I am so sorry that you have been treated this way - it is a shame that
someone who publishes such great material would get treated this way/.

Best of luck
--
Sincerely,

Robert J. Nuelle, Jr.