From:
ronald noseworthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 09:39:19 -0800
When I was on my honeymoon (field trip) in Jamaica in 1972, I collected several specimens of a freshwater nerite in the Rio Grande, near Port Antonio, on the east coast of the island.  These were collected several miles upstream during a rafting trip.  I do remember that they were not small and black.

I can't give any more details as I am now in Korea and my collection is back home in Newfoundland, Canada.  However, I did assign a tentative name to them, from some old literature, but I can't remember what it was.  It's been several years since I looked at my Jamaican shells.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Malacologically yours,
Ron