From:
John Wolff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 10:03:33 -0500
Hello CONCH-L'ers,

Although this subject is directed more at natural science in general than
strictly mollusks, I think it plays an important part in our understanding
of molluscan diversity.

I'd like to call your attention again to "Natural History", my favorite
magazine. Their April issue includes a special report consisting of several
balanced essays on ID by authors ranging through Michael J. Behe, Kenneth
R. Miller, William A. Dembski, Robert T. Pennock, Jonathan Wells, Eugenie
C. Scott, Barbara Forrest, Ian Tattersall.

In my opinion, they make a wonderful presentation of a complex subject. The
April issue is not yet on-line (and I don't know whether it will be).
Their site is www.naturalhistory.com

(For our non-US friends who may not be familiar with ID, the subject is a
political hot potato here, most recently in Ohio, where evangelicals want
ID, a slight  revision of creationism, taught in the public schools as
science) .