Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 13:04:14 -0400
Hi Art,

There are two craters that I know of in Canada.
    -   Manicouagan, 100 km diameter,
        214 +/- 1 million years old.

    -   Brent crater, 3.8 km diameter [a wimp],
        450 million years old. [size is for the first ring
        the crater is heavily eroded, the first ring can
        be seen via aerial [satellite] photos.

For Andrews info,

There is impact evidence [Iridium, textites, micotektites, spherules,
spinel, diamond,
 fern spikes, soot etc etc, a mix of four or more] at the following
boundaries;
Eocene/Oligocene, K/T, Jurrasic/Cretaceous, Triassic/Jurassic,
Permian/Triassic,
Late Devonian and Ordovician Silurian.

There are several possible impact sites, with the right age[ +/- ] and
size for each one of
the layers.

I just have not herd about much new information on other than KT. Guess
lack of
interest and research funding may be the cause??

Later to all,

Emilio Jorge Power

"Happy Shelling to All"