From:
Sergio Avila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 15:59:08 -0000
Dr. Sérgio Ávila (MSc.)
Secção de Biologia Marinha
Departamento de Biologia
Universidade dos Açores
9500 Ponta Delgada
Portugal

Dear Marco:

When thing go wrong, they may get worse... It is Murphy's law!

D.L. Geiger's PhD Thesis is related with Haliotidae, not Patellidae (this
family does not even  belong to the Veigastropoda). So, what I meant was:

"My only doubt is that you stated that all Vetigastropods are
non-planktotrophics and I believe that Haliotis tuberculata tuberculata
Linnaeus, 1758 (the Azorean species of this genus) is a planktotrophic
species. Of course I may be wrong, and in that case, I will correct my
database. I looked for the PDF files of the PhD thesis of D. L. Geiger
where I think I took this information, but I was not able to find them
either in my computer nor in the internet. Could you check this? "

Sorry for this misunderstanding.

Best wishes,

Sérgio