From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 22:31:01 +1300
>Hi all,
>
>I've posted a new shell to my Unidentified BC shells page:
>http://members.shaw.ca/bcshells/bcframe.html
>(click on Unidentified shells link at bottom of contents side)
>
>It is a minute shiny brown gastropod found in the rocky intertidal among
>algae. The shell is glossy with fine spiral ridges or incised
>sculpture and a nearly
>circular aperture. None of my books show photos of the species.
>Could this be a Rissoid?
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Peter Egerton

Peter, if it's the last of the 3 unidentifieds, it's either a
cerithiopsid or a triphorid. Without a protoconch it's not really
identifiable, even to familial level.

Who is responsible for transferring searlesia dira to Lirabuccinum?
Do you know the authorship & date of Lirabuccinum?
--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin, New Zealand