From:
makuabob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jul 1998 23:03:31 -0500
No, you're not seeing double. This is a copy of the posting to
the MOLLUSCA listserver.

THE CAPTURED COWRY's Archive site has another year of cowry-related
article from the HAWAIIAN SHELL NEWS available for browsing at
http://www.geocities.com/~makuabob/

The span at present runs from January, 1960 through January, 1976.
A simple graphical breakdown of the years to date looks like this:

# of articles (each 'a'=5 articles, each '-'=5 articles w/images)

1960 aaaaaaaa
1961 -aaaaaa
1962 --aaaaaa
1963 --aaaaaa
1964 --aaaaa
1965 ---aaaaa
1966 ----aaaaaa
1967 ---aaaaaaa
1968 -aaaaaaaa
1969 ----aaa
1970 ---aaa
1971 ---aaa
1972 ----aaaaa
1973 --aaaaaa
1974 ---aaaaaaaaa
1975 ----aaaaaaaa

There are plenty of items to read in this most recent section.
Travel-log descriptions of collecting trips to Easter Island, the
Marquesas, Samoa, Kwajalein, Guadalcanal,... so much stuff.
(I ought to know, as I was the one who scanned the pages for OCR,
cropped the images for the articles, plus the drawings and maps.)

A color photo of Cypraea semiplota with its mantle fully extended
leads one of the issues. Maps are always included, and enlarged to
maintain legibility in this lower resolution medium.

The most recent year's index page can be found at
http://www.geocities.com/~makuabob/HSN75.HTM

Threads will have to be introduced later on. There are still nearly
two decades of articles to come.

Enjoy and Aloha!

makuabob (a.k.a. Bob Dayle)