From:
"Harris, Tanya" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:23:22 +0100
I participated in a Shell Auction held by C & S Shell cabinet of Hong Kong on
the 22nd Sept 2004.

I bid on 5 items, of which 4 bids were less that $20, the 5 item I bid $202
(Harpa costata).
These bids were made 4PM GMT on the internet via my work address. (I do not
have internet at home)

The following morning I checked my status to see if I had won any of the
items.
To my surprise it stated that I had won 12 items, only one of which I had bid
for.
These totalled £1303 quite a considerable amount of money.

I immediately E-Mailed the site & expressed my concerns, with full details of
my bids and cut off time.
The responded that the bids were made with my userID and password.

These could not have been sent by me as the bid times were a few minutes to
10PM in their time zone (Hong Kong), which would correspond to 4AM  in
London. There isn't even a train service to London at that hour of the
morning!! and I would have been asleep and blissfully unaware of the ensuing
disaster.

C & S are un-repentant and have Black-listed me, saying that they shall
inform all other shell dealers of my BAD REPUTATION....

I wish to inform anyone interested that I did not place these fictitious bids
and that they should be wary of C & S Shell Cabinet auction in Hong Kong
before they are falsely accused of wrong doing.

Regards,

Tanya

CBS Private Capital Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CBS Insurance Holdings PLC, is authorised and regulated by The Financial Services Authority.

Important: This e-mail contains information which is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure.  It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, please contact the sender immediately by return e-mail or by telephoning +44 (0)20 7648 4500. We believe, but do not warrant, that this e-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should take full responsibility for virus checking. We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through our internal and external networks.