Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 10:17:30 +0200
I searched in net to recover my incomplete knowledge about Congeria (what is
told in my previous is Mytilopsis s..str.). Congeri kusceri Bole 1962 is
known from cave systems at the Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina border,
plus in Krupa (reserve?) of Slovenia. Anatomical, molecular studies have
been made as with the phylogeny. It is really a living fossile of Pliocene
lakes (genus known extinct for 5 million years.).

Phlogeny indicates the marine ancestry of the family Dreissenidae and
sistership (?) to Corbiculoidea, also closeness of Congeria and Mytilopsis
at the base branch. So it is possible to combine them, although ca 99%
percent of Congeria species is extinct (undetectible in anatomy).