Date:
Wed, 20 Jul 2005 19:23:51 -0700
Dear Sirs and Ladies,

Two or three decades ago, my parents bought and
traded shells with a Japanese shell collector named
Tatsu Watanabe, who lived in Ginza, Tokyo. Does
anyone know where I might find a short biography
of him?

I ask this question because there are two mysteries,
which I am interested in solving. First, my mother
is curious why all contact with him ceased after a
typhoon had hit Japan. She has always thought
that he might had been killed during by typhoon.
However, she was never able to find anyone, who
knew anything about what might have caused him
to break off correspondence. She has numerous
Japanese shells, which she bought from him and
enjoys greatly.

Finally, out of appreciation for some gifts to his
family,
he sent my mother sets of Japanese prints by Sadao
Watanabe several years before the correspondence
ended. Would anyone know if Sadao Watanabe was
related to Mr. Tatsu Watanabe?  Or, is the fact that
they have the same last name a coincidence?

People can feel free to reply off list.

Best Regards,

Paul
Louisiana