From:
Patrice Bail <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Aug 1998 18:29:31 +0100
Michael Reagin wrote:

>      Hi all
>
>      I will be attending a scientific meeting in Brest, France in
>      September.  Are there any easy beach or bay collecting sites nearby
>      that I can pass the time?  I will be spending one day on Quessant
>      Island so that is also a possibility.
>
>      I will also be spending a few days afterwards in Paris.  The Paris
>      Basin is famous for it's Eocene fossil deposits.  Is there anyone
>      online who knows where some of these sites are located?
>
>      Thanks in advance for any info.
>
>      Michael Reagin
No  problem,shelling is free in Brittany except in cultivated oyster and
mussel beds. "Rade de Brest" is not the better place but you can find
many things outside this place .
It is not easy within the few days you expect to spend in Paris to go in
a fossil spots:Either it is a working quarry or it is a private area and
to get a permit takes several days.
When you are in Paris,ask for Daniel GRATECAP, tel: 0169070614.He has
the best knowledge of that problem ...and  never tired for digging!
Pat Bail.