From:
Bert Bartleson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Dec 2005 18:44:25 -0800
Scott, I was unaware that Captiva Island was now off limits to shell
collecting.  When did that happen?  Last time I was there I wasn't bothered
about collecting although I did get a dose of neurotoxic shellfish poisoning
from the aerosolized sea spray.  There were no warning signs about that
issue either, better to poison a few tourists, than disrupt tourism, I'd
guess.  Bert Bartleson