From:
Richard Petit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2006 16:55:22 -0400
The consensus seems to be that it was not "renourishment" that covered the
Donax under several feet of sand but pollution from 100s of miles away.
Perhaps we can figure out some way for Donax to evolve so they can exist in
the off-shore reefs that are a proposed solution to the "extinction
problem."

dick