From:
Richard Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:51:42 -0500
Jose - I don't know where you live,  but I'm sure it's some way from where
I do, or otherwise I'd certainly drop in and help you out.

I think you must just resign yourself to scanning all those pages, which
will be very boring indeed, and console yourself with the idea that you're
doing an enormously valuable service to the conchological community -
forever.

Or else, hire a kid from just around the corner, pay him/her something
very small indeed, and let him/her do all the boring work. (All kids,
little idealists that they are, would like to do something for the greater
glory of Mankind and Science, however tedious it is).

There are probably answers to most of the questions asked here, answered
long ago in Nautilus, and even if you put those pages on the Net in the
most basic scanned form, someone, somewhere, can apply a text-reading
program, and make the whole lot into a very, very useful database.

I wish you the best of luck, and if you do happen to live next door, I'll
come and help

regards

Richard Parker
Siargao Island, The Philippines.

My website at www.coconutstudio.com is about the island and its people,
plus some daft theories of mine about early human diet