From:
Bernd Sahlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2007 18:50:25 +0200
p.46
Xenophora minuta Qi et Ma, 1986
Shell small, 14 mm in height, 26 in width, conical, thin, whorls about 8,
foreign objects large, covering nearly all the dorsal surface, colour white,
brown on apical parts; base flat, concave, yellowish-brown in colour, with
fine radial granular striae around the umbilicus, umbilicus narrow, deep,
covered by reflexed callous of inner lip in part, peripheral thick,
angulation rounded, aperture wide ovate, oblique, outer and inner lips
simple, operculum corneous. Distribution: East and South China Seas.
Ecology: Off shores on sandy or muddy bottom of 12.5-210 m depth. Uncommon.
Figure: pl.20c

Qui ZY, Ma XT 1986, Studies on Chninese species of Xenophoridae (Mollusca:
Gastropoda). Trans Chinese Soc Malacol, 2: 1-8, pl.1