From:
Allen Aigen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 22:06:47 -0400
Lubos,
It is common to leave a pebble on the headstone of the person who you
came for when visiting a Jewish cemetery.  If there are no pebbles easily
found, a visitor may have brought something easily carried but of no real
value to leave.   Perhaps the visitor, or the deceased, was a collector.

Allen Aigen  NYC