From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jun 2007 18:44:49 -0400
Dear Bob,

Dreams sometimes become reality.

The Paleontological Research Institution (PRI) in Ithaca, New York,
has been working for about two years to provide an on-line,
illustrated, database depicting all the primary types of fossil
invertebrates in its collection. This in no small undertaking as PRI
has over 7,000 such lots and is in the top five museums in the USA in
terms of such holdings.

I believe plans are to go online with this program this summer. Look
at <http://www.priweb.org/collections/collections_info.html> for its debut.

Like dreams, however, I don't think this illustrated database is in
technicolor,

Harry

PS For at least one Conch-L'er: This work was funded by the federal
government (National Science Foundation), and nobody can say this
wasn't an egalitarian initiative. HGL