From:
Chris Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 1998 20:36:53 -0700
Over the last several days there has been quite an informative
discussion on dredging.  I am curious about trapping shells.  Obviously,
the take from this method would be small relative to dredging, but I've
often thought it would be interesting to set some sort of baited trap in
an intertidal or subtidal area and see what one comes up with.  Any
thoughts on the type of trap that might work best, or area that might be
most productive? What kinds of shells might one expect to capture this
way?  Oliva, Strombus, Conus, Murex?

Chris Brown