From:
John Timmerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2007 21:00:15 -0400
Mark Johnson gave one to me over ten years ago he treated wtih mineral oil and the periostracum is still very much intact. A ltittle oily to handle the shell, but gorgeous preservation.
I will have this shell and other NC shells on display soon at Cape Fear Museum.

John Timmerman
Wilmington, North Carolina