From:
"Harry G. Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:42:09 -0500
And .... A two-hour reconnaissance of the Tsukiji fish market in
Tokyo in 1988 netted my collection about 40 species of gastropods
from turbinids to volutids, although the highest diversity was in the
Buccinidae.

Many were eaten, and I heard no complaints from the dinner guests.

I'm sure Paul C. can elaborate on the biodiversity culinary aspects
of this observation.

Harry