From:
Karen VanderVen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Mar 2008 08:56:19 -0500
The discussion about sharks and Lake Nicaragua sent me scurrying for my
copy of "The Sharks of Lake Nicaragua" by Randy Wayne White, the
Florida adventure writer. (As I collect shells, so also do I collect
his work.)
In this book of various stories there is one chapter called "The
Sharks of Lake Nicaragua".   Could be interesting and informative
reading, since it refers to studies and perspectives on the fresh water
sharks by a Thomas Thorson.  Sadly from what I re-read, the marine
population in the lake is not thriving.

Karen